The Impact Academy equips Fellows to lead educator-preparation programs that are more data-informed and outcomes-focused. Hear directly from a Fellow and member dean facilitator about the benefits of Impact Academy.
The Impact Academy Experience
Impact Academy, built in collaboration with member deans, will increase the leadership skills of Fellows through an initial in-person experience and on-going support from their peers and experienced deans.
Fellows participating in Impact Academy will achieve four primary objectives:
- Fellows will develop a deeper sense of self as leader, including better understanding their context, values, and biases.
- Fellows will refine a vision for an educator-preparation program grounded in Deans for Impact’s guiding principles.
- Fellows will develop leadership competencies for identifying and implementing processes, structures, and systems that promote individual and organizational learning.
- Fellows will learn strategies to manage individuals and organizations through improvement efforts in educator preparation.
Over the course of the year-long fellowship, Fellows will participate in in-person sessions, receive ongoing leadership coaching, and develop a plan to improve their educator-preparation programs.
- Fellows will convene for two in-person sessions: a four-day session in July 2017 and a one-day session in July 2018.
- Fellows will bring a problem of practice from their home institution, diagnose their own leadership capacity, engage in case-study discussions, and then develop a plan to address that problem of practice.
- Fellows will build professional relationships with experienced member deans and develop a network of peers committed to improving educator preparation.
- Fellows will receive ongoing leadership coaching and support from both member deans and peers during the year.
Who Should Apply
We’re committed to building a diverse cohort – one that represents a range of institutions and educator preparation programs in this country. Impact Academy Fellows are leaders with a strong interest in individual and organizational learning.
- You are a dean or leader of an educator-preparation program with one to four years in your current position.
- You have a strong orientation towards, and interest in, learning alongside others.
- You can commit to participating in all Impact Academy activities over the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The fee for Impact Academy is $3,000 and includes lodging, breakfast, and lunch each day of the Academy.
- Scholarships are available for leaders of institutions who demonstrate significant financial need.
Impact Academy Fellows 2016
The inaugural Impact Academy in 2016 welcomed a cohort of 11 Fellows, who represented a diverse set of educator-preparation programs from across the country. Impact Academy Fellows engaged around concrete problems of practice with peers, and had structured mentoring opportunities with experienced deans. The small cohort facilitated trust and allowed for meaningful relationships to develop between Fellows so that they can serve as an ongoing support network to each other.